CHAIR MASSAGE EVENTS / SPORTS MASSAGE, NJ - PA
What is aromatherapy massage?
Aromatherapy massage is
massage therapy but with highly concentrated plant oils, called essential oils added to the massage oil or lotion.
How does aromatherapy massage work?
The nostrils are attached to a part of the brain called the limbic system. The limbic system controls emotions and influences the nervous system and hormones.
When you inhale essential oil molecules, messages are transmitted to the limbic system and affect heart rate, stress level, blood pressure, breathing, memory, digestion, and the immune system.
Essential oils are also believed to be absorbed through the skin.
Each essential oil has different healing properties. For example, some calm while others energize.
Here are some widely used essential oils and their properties:
- calming – chamomile, lavender, geranium
- uplifting – ylang ylang, clary sage, rose, neroli
- energizing – rosemary
- cleansing – rosemary
- decongesting – eucalyptus, pine, tea tree
Why do people get aromatherapy massage?
Aromatherapy massage is particularly suited to conditions involving stress or improving emotionally-related conditions.
- Stress and stress-related conditions such as insomnia
- Digestive disorders
- Premenstrual syndrome (PMS)
- Back pain
Here is a few examples of the research that is being done on aromatherapy massage:
- Self-massage significantly improved symptoms and wellbeing in people with lymphedema. It also slightly, but not significantly reduced limb volume. However, carefully chosen aromatherapy oils did not appear to be more effective than massage without aromatherapy oils.
- Sixteen first-time mothers received a 30-minute aromatherapy massage two days after delivery, while 20 mothers received standard post-partum care. The aromatherapy massage group had significantly decreased ratings of post-partum blues and anxiety and had increased vigor and attachment to their babies.
- Research suggests that patients with cancer, particularly in the palliative care setting, are increasingly using aromatherapy and massage.
What can I expect during an aromatherapy massage?
After the consultation, one or more essential oils are selected based on what you need and are mixed in with the massage oil or lotion.
The subtle aroma of the essential oils fill the air around you during the massage.
Servicing New Jersey: Burlington County, Mercer County, Monmouth County & Ocean County
Other Counties Available Upon Request me in between massage treatments.
- Sports Massage Events NJ
- Corporate Chair Massage Events NJ
- Street Fair Massage Events NJ
- Office Massage NJ
- College Athlete Massage NJ
- Health Fair Massage Events NJ